||You have choices when it comes
to selecting a place to get your SCUBA certification training.
Things to consider include:
- Recommendations - Who do I know and trust that has
undergone training here?
- Comfort level - Is the instructor experienced and
- Class size - Many places offer group, semi-private, and
private lessons - if cost is a factor you'll be better off in a group;
otherwise go for semi-private or private to get more one on one time with
- Convenience - How far away are they? What are
their hours? Does the facility have a pool on the premises or
Things not to worry about:
- SSI or PADI or NAUI or... There are several SCUBA
training agencies out there but by and large they are more the same than
different. I feel it's more important to get a good instructor than to
look for a specific agency.
Worse comes to worse search the web or look in the Yellow
Pages, then head to Step 3.